15 May 2004

As a footnote to my previous post, apparently Italo-Disco pioneer Alexander Robotnick has a mix CD released called "The Disco-Tech Of Alexander Robotnick". Although I haven't actually heard it yet, judging by what I've read I'm probably familiar with at least 50% anyway. Intrigingly, Robotnick has included early '80s tracks such as Visage's "Fade To Grey", John Foxx's "Underpass", OMD's "Enola Gay", mid-80's stuff like Yello's "I Love You" and New Order's "Bizarre Love Triangle", mixing them seamlessly with more recent electro tracks by the likes of Miss Kittin & The Hacker. By joining the dots in this way, Robotnick presents a distinctly Euro-centric perspective on Dance Culture evolution, which should serve to remind us of New Romantisism's crucial role in it's development. Watch out for it...