22 September 2004

Scott Woods takes the helm over at Stypod, and hits us with some serious electro-R'n'B from the class of '88. Lush! Grab 'em now while stocks last. Particularly pleased to see Scott giving props to Nu Shooz. Although I'd not heard this particular track before, their smash hit "I Can't Wait" has been a firm favourite of mine for some years. Didn't make much impact on me at the time, but then a few years ago I had a dream and this song was the soundtrack. Y'know how great music sounds in your dreams? Well, in this dream "I Can't Wait" sounded like the most perfect piece of pop in the history of mankind. The spell was cast and I've had a minor obsession with it ever since. Found a second-hand 12 inch in a charity shop a little while later...christ, it just fuckin' sends me, especially her voice, which is a bit soulful but doesn't try too hard...a sort of vacant, directionless yearning...

...I wanna have sex with that voice!