24 November 2004

BLOG SURFING

After a brief hiatus, Paul Automaticforthepeople is back. Even better, he's metamorphosed into an MP3 blog, proceeding to square my circle with a blast of repetitious old skool hardcore from the 'Windsor/Amsterdam/Belgium axis'. Nice one, matey...

Tasty post from John 'Uncarved' Eden on Homophobia/Sexual Health in Reggae music. The writing and record label jpegs are, as usual, superb - but it's times like this I can't help wishing that Uncarved would magically transform into an MP3 blog too. Remember John, to share is to care...

Scissorkick offers a track from DJ/Rupture. Also interesting to note Rupture's views on MP3 blogs: "posts shouldn't just be random, but rather should communicate a bit of the personality of this person, this blogger, who is truly nothing but the most noble of pirates. " Isn't that what I've been trying to do? Eventually, I'll have written my entire lifestory at this blog...you just have to look out for all the little details. I feel slightly vindicated, though frustrated to note that Scissorkick still doesn't think I'm worthy of inclusion in his links bar (cue strangulated sobbing noises).

Respect to 20 Jazz Funk Greats for hipping me to the fact that there is a band called Selfish Cunt. How cool is that?

Also back after long absences: Telephone Thing , with a fresh fistful of MP3s, the terminally reticent Dozer, and Paul Meme's Industrial Mix is once again available for the download.

THE BIG THREE:

Things are still desperately quiet at Woebot. I guess Matt's still putting all his NRG into moderating and cooking-up hot new topics of discussion over at the Dissensus forum. Oh, for another Jpeg extravaganza! I shall have words with him about this when we meet-up for lunch next month...

It's picking-up a little at over at K-Punk, though I'm sure Mark's a bit miffed that the rest of the Kollective aren't taking up some of the slack during this relatively lean period.

Blissblog still quiet as the proverbial grave, though check Simon's review of 'Run The Road' here.

AD NEUSEUM

Yesterday I joined a band. But it's already falling apart in a squabbling riot of rampant acrimony, petty jealousies and enlarged egos. So it goes...