07 May 2005

BOOK QUIZ THINGY

Thanks a bunch to Loki for passing this bloody thing my way.

1) You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

"Emma" by Jane Austin.

Sorry, misunderstood the question. Like Loki, I assumed it was 'what book would you burn', the reason being that I had to study 'Emma' for A-level English and it bored the living shit out of me. I read F-451 at school too, but it's been so long that I didn't remember that everyone had to 'become' a book at the end. So on that basis, my answer would have to be "Animal farm" by George Orwell.

2) Have I ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Not from the written word alone. Comic book characters, yes. I'm pretty shallow. I like a fit body in a skin-tight costume. Hellcat being a good example.

3) The last book I bought?

The answer to this should be "Rip It Up & Start Again" by Reynolds. But I haven't gotten around to it yet. The last one was probably a second-hand copy of Thomas Mann's "Doctor Faustus", but I haven't even started it.


4) Last book I read?

"Po's Magic Watering Can" - A Teletubbies 'lift-the-flap' book. Me and James thoroughly enjoyed it.

5) Currently Reading?

Alan Moore and Steve Parkhouse's "Bojeffries Saga". A short lived comic strip that ran in Warrior magazine in the early '80s (although I think it got revived about 10 years later in another publication -can't remember which at the mo'). I read a few pages when having a smoke in the garage.

6) Five Desert Island Books

Aldous Huxley - Brave New World
Phillip K. Dick - A Scanner Darkly
Kurt Vonnegut - Slaughterhouse 5
Luke Rhinehart - The Dice Man
J.G Ballard - High Rise

7) Three people to pass this quiz onto

Paul Autonomic, James Headphonesex and A.

No comments:

Post a Comment