18 May 2007

SOME PICTURES...

I could make all sorts of excuses for the lack of substantial posts here recently, but if I'm being really honest, the main problem is another crippling bout of writer's block. Seriously, my mind is a beautiful blank. I have fuck all to say about fucking anything, and frankly my dear I don't give a shit. But that doesn't mean I'm not still loving the music and enjoying the underground club scene here in Bristol. So I figured I'd brighten the place up with a few photos I took recently on my new 'Cyber-shot' mobile phone during my recent adventures at Highroad and H.E.N.C.H. Thanks to Chris and Tony for giving me a couple of rare opportunities to play out again, and big-up all the crew who came down, cos it's always a pleasure to see you guys. Special mention for my Highroad djing 'partner' Delsa (our grimey head-to-head was gloriously ramshackle) and also for my old buddies Mike and Aaron, not forgetting the redoubtable Doppelganger, for dragging their crusty carcases off the sofa for a good night out.

Highroad's genial host, Mr. Chris, warming-up the room nicely

Shiny happy bassheadz

Headhunter gets ill


Hair-raising: Gatekeeper fondles the faders

I was thinking of sending this one to Mixmag, lol

Peverelist, Jakes and Appleblim

Pinch handing over to Joker

The Highroad ravers

Jakes preaching to the H.E.N.C.H congregation

Komanazmuk gets mucky

Ol' Dirty Gutter gets frisky with the Superhenchwench

Bring On the MCs: Big Bear spits verbals


Blazey strikes a pose


Despite being a strapping six-footer, here I am being dwarfed by Atki2

Ladies and gentlemen...and Delsa

Oh, and for the benefit of Headhunter and any other interested parties, my setlist at H.E.N.C.H (which went very well, thanks for asking) was as follows:

Monolake - Plumbicon [Live In Osaka] (Monolake/Imbalance), Surgeon - Bad Hands Break (Dynamic Tension), Monolake - Alaska [Surgeon Remix] (Monolake/Imbalance), Gaiser - Separation (M_nus), Deadbeat - Random Brown (Cynosure), T++ - Space Break (Erosion), Mathias Schaffhauser - Go To Hell (Lebensfreude), Cornell - Polimer (Minimise), Deadbeat - One.Two.Six (~scape), Sweet Excorcist - Clonk [Freebass] (Warp), Sleeparchive - Papercup (Sleeparchive), Shackleton - Blood On My Hands [Villalobos Apocalypso Now Mix prt.1] (Skull Disco), Marcel Dettmann - Quicksand (Ostgut Tontrager), Mala - Left Leg Out (DMZ), Peverelist - The Grind (Punch Drunk), Rusko - Acton Dread (Dub Police), LFO - LFO [Leeds Warehouse Mix] (Warp)

I was originally intending to play 50/50 techno and dubstep, but I sort of got a bit carried away. No one seemed to mind, anyway. Biggest response was for the final tune - seventeen years on, 'LFO' still shakes the room.