20 December 2006

With the new baby taking up so much of my wife's attention, it's left to me to try and look after his older brothers during every spare minute of the day. This extra-curricular parenting is fucking exhausting. Still, hopefully we'll all adjust to the new addition soon, and some semblance of normality will return. But first we've gotta get bloody Christmas out of the way...

Managed to grab a spare hour today and thought I'd use the time profitably by recording a quick end-of-year mix. This isn't a 'best of 2006' by any means, mainly just a little selection of tunes that I've picked-up in the latter half of the year, since I stopped blogging.

The mixing is a bit sloppy due to me being a bit rusty, plus I was making it up as I went along so not sure it flows that well in places, but what the hell. This mix is basically for all my 'older' mates who don't buy 12" singles anymore...a little taste of what's going on out there.

Switched-on listeners might notice a bit of minimal techno creeping into my setlist. It's certainly an area I've been taking a keen interest in these past few months and, when I get the chance, I'll hopefully write down a few thoughts on that matter. In the meantime, enjoy the beats...

Gutterbreakz - Post Natal Oppression Mix

Boards Of Canada - Under The Coke Sign (Warp)
Andy Stott - Hi-Rise (Modern Love)
Marcel Dettman - Quicksand (Ostgut Ton)
Substance & Vainqueur - Immersion (Scion Versions)
Mala - Left Leg Out (DMZ)
Geiom feat. Terrible Shock - Feel So Bad (Berkane Sol)
Hijack - Nightmarez (Tectonic)
Kromestar - Surgery (Deep Medi Muzik)
Shackleton - I Want To Eat You (Mordant Music)
Pinch - Punisher (Loefah's SE25 Remix) (Planet Mu)
Skynet - Isolate (Argon)
Reanimator - Special Powers (Community Library)
Deitrich Schoenemann & Tony Rohr - Lockjob (Hidden Agenda)
Sleeparchive - Transposition Reverse (Sleeparchive)
Gez Varley - Nemesis (Keys Of Life)